I couldn’t resist putting my own spin on this decadent Pinterest recipe. At The One Life Planner, we strive to create a life we’re proud of. That typically includes healthy lifestyle choices, but dang it, we have one life and deserve a treat here and there! I think being healthy most of the time and practicing a healthy lifestyle allows us to enjoy an occasional treat guilt free.
I first made this recipe for Lee to comfort him when his grandmother passed away. We enjoyed the cinnamon apple crisp bowls on a slow Saturday morning over coffee and a movie. Next time you find yourself with a bunch of half mushy apples or need a sweet treat, give this one a try!
1 container of cinnamon rolls (includes icing)
1 cup cinnamon toast crunch cereal
FOR CINNAMON APPLES:
6 small apples
2 tbsp butter
Splash of lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp corn starch
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to temp on the cinnamon roll container.
2. Flip a muffin pan upside down and wrap raw cinnamon rolls in a cup form.
3. Bake the cinnamon rolls (I recommend a minute or 2 under the suggested time).
4. When done, flip them upright and add hot cinnamon apples.
5. Top with crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and icing.
TO MAKE CINNAMON APPLES:
1. Peel and slice apples.
2. In a small pot, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Add apples and a splash of lemon juice. Cook for 8 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high.
4. Dissolve corn starch in water and pour over apples. Stir.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir and cook for another 4-5 minutes until syrup thickens and apples are tender.