What sounds tasty on a warm summer day? For me, it’s some refreshing chicken salad! This chicken salad with greek yogurt is so flavorful with fresh lime juice, grapes, and chopped celery. It’s a high protein and a healthy option I will keep in my fridge all summer long.
What makes this recipe so wonderful is that you can alter it to your own taste and time frame. You can exchange greek yogurt and light mayonnaise to make it healthier. You can use canned chicken to save time, rotisserie chicken if it’s easy, or I like to poach chicken breasts and dice them up into chunks. You can even blend the poached chicken in a Kitchen Aid mixer to finely shred it.
1.5 pounds white chicken
1.5 – 2 cups mayonnaise or nonfat greek yogurt
1 bunch green onions
3 – 4 ribs celery
1/2 cups purple grapes
1/4 cup roasted sliced almonds
2 limes juiced
1. Boil chicken in water seasoned with salt and pepper
2. After 10-12 mins remove chicken (internal temp 170 degrees) and let rest for 5 mins
3. Cube or blend chicken to your desired texture
4. Combine all ingredients except almonds and grapes, and mix
5. Check consistency, and add almonds and grapes
6. Refrigerate and enjoy!