This soul warming casserole has had a heartbeat in my life since 2008 when my grandpa passed away in a tragic car accident. I’ll never forget when our neighbor brought this meal over for our family. It was delicious, comforting and one of the things we could all stomach.
Since then, my mom got the recipe to make for others and continue to make for our family dinners. This is not a healthy meal that fits with my typical meal prep recipes, but I view this dish as an “intentional conversation.” I love making it for gatherings, my hungry husband, friends who just had babies, or those experiencing loss. We’ve altered the recipe a little bit over the years to make it taste even better.
Make it next time for someone you love and support.
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 lb package mostaccioli or penne pasta
- 11 oz can cheese soup
- 11 oz can tomato soup
- 30 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground turkey and italian sausage
- Cook pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine pasta, meat, soup, and spaghetti sauce
- Add pepper, seasoning, and 2 cups of cheese
- Mix and spread in a 9 x 13 pan
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top
- Bake for 25 minutes