The way to my husbands heart is: BREAKFAST. He’s a hearty breakfast guy, and whenever I ask what he wants me to make for the week, I could place high bets this dish will be in his requests. Breakfast casserole is a super easy meal to make on vacation or for a brunch with friends.
Customize this to your tastebuds with ingredients like italian sausage, eggs, bacon, tater tots, cheese, pepper, onion, etc. If you splurge on calories, he likes to add sausage gravy too.
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 6-8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 4 tbsp bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Parsley to top
- Optional: 1 bell pepper, 1 onion, 1 can sausage gravy
- Brown italian sausage in a skillet
- Add to the bottom of a 9×13 pan
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over the sausage
- Optional layer: add pepper, onion, and sausage gravy
- In a bowl, whisk milk, eggs, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt
- Pour evenly, then add a layer of tots
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, bacon bits, and parsley
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place uncovered casserole in oven for 40-45 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!