It’s January and I’m already itching for warm weather and juicy chicken salad! This fiesta chicken salad did just the trick and combines the best flavors of Mexican meets chicken salad. You can alter this recipe to your taste buds whether it’s adding some chopped red onion, chick peas, or enjoying it in a carb balance wrap.
The recipe I’m sharing makes a lottttt of chicken salad. I recommend sharing this recipe with your spouse, college roomies, family, or even coworkers. Then they get healthy food prepped and you avoid having leftover half cans of all your ingredients. Otherwise you can half the ingredients to make enough for yourself and turn your leftovers into some chicken tortilla soup that you can freeze for later.
- 4 cans of chicken (or prepare your chicken to your liking)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 jalapenos
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Season to taste: cumin, cajun, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt
- Optional: carb balance tortillas and avocado
*Half this recipe if preparing for one person
- Rinse and drain cans of chicken
- Add chicken to a skillet and season with cumin, cajun, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt
- Cook until you see a golden brown crust on the chicken
- Rinse and drain corn, black beans, tomatoes, and chilies
- In a large bowl add chicken, corn, tomatoes. green chilies, beans, shredded cheese, chopped bell pepper, jalapeños, cucumber, and cilantro
- Add yogurt and lime juice, then mix all together
- Optional: add 1/4 avocado and wrap in a carb balance tortilla
If I make this on a Sunday can I eat it throughout the week? Trying to meal prep ahead lunches and make sure I am set Monday – Thursday (at least). Thanks! It looks delicious!
Yes, this is chicken salad is perfect for meal prep!